At present, my country’s precision casting technology mainly has the following problems:
- The problem of casting cracks is serious.
- Large-scale castings have serious segregation and inclusion defects. After the solidification of large steel castings and large steel ingots, there are problems of macro segregation and coarse grains at the root of the riser and the thick section of the casting.
- Simulation software applications are not popular. The casting process simulation is a necessary part of casting production. In foreign countries, if there is no computer simulation technology, no order can be obtained. The computer simulation of the foundry industry in my country started early. Although the core computing part of the development capability is relatively strong, the overall software packaging capability is poor, resulting in the development of mature commercial software far lagging behind the developed countries, and quite a number of foundry companies are discouraged by computer simulation technology. lack of trust. Although this situation has improved, few companies that have purchased casting simulation software can play its role, and there is an urgent need for software application training for corporate employees.
- The production capacity of ordinary castings is surplus, the manufacture of high-precision castings is still difficult, and the core technology and key products are still dependent on imports.
- Large precision casting machining allowance. Due to the lack of scientific design guidance, it is difficult for process designers to control the deformation problem based on experience. The machining allowance of casting is generally 1-3 times larger than that of foreign countries. Large machining allowances, serious energy consumption and raw material consumption of castings, long processing cycles and low production efficiency have become bottlenecks restricting the development of the industry.
- The design of the pouring system is unreasonable. Due to improper design, there are defects such as entrainment and inclusions, resulting in low casting yield and qualification rate.